Project Status and Recruitment

• Hi there!

I figured I would let you all know where we stand as far as this show goes. There are currently plans for us to fansub this season of FbnFh as well. At the moment, progress is slow because we're going to try and focus on Hime-chan's Ribbon and Goldfish Warning! for a while since we've fallen behind in our releases of those 2 projects. Our group is rather small so when people get busy in real life we slow down dramatically, which is what happened at the end of this year. I can't give you an estimate of when we might start releasing episodes of Gyu because it depends on a lot of factors, so you'll just have to be patient. Keep an eye on http://honobono.cc as well because any project status updates will be posted there.

Additionally, if you think you have time and would be willing to commit to helping us with Gyu or any of our other projects please contact one of the moderators of this board or hop onto the IRC channel #honobono on irc.aniverse.com and message one of the OPs. We could use more QC/Editor staff as well as encoders, since our staff in those areas are few and have been exceptionally busy with real life lately. We also welcome anyone willing to help with any of the other positions as well, including translating, typesetting and timing. Please only contact us if you're serious about helping out though.

I hope that answers some of your questions. If you have any further questions, feel free to comment here or send me a message. Just don't send me any "when are you going to release" questions though, please. ^^;

• Hi there!

I figured I would let you all know where we stand as far as this show goes. There are currently plans for us to fansub this season of FbnFh as well. At the moment, progress is slow because we're going to try and focus on Hime-chan's Ribbon and Goldfish Warning! for a while since we've fallen behind in our releases of those 2 projects. Our group is rather small so when people get busy in real life we slow down dramatically, which is what happened at the end of this year. I can't give you an estimate of when we might start releasing episodes of Gyu because it depends on a lot of factors, so you'll just have to be patient. Keep an eye on http://honobono.cc as well because any project status updates will be posted there.

Additionally, if you think you have time and would be willing to commit to helping us with Gyu or any of our other projects please contact one of the moderators of this board or hop onto the IRC channel #honobono on irc.aniverse.com and message one of the OPs. We could use more QC/Editor staff as well as encoders, since our staff in those areas are few and have been exceptionally busy with real life lately. We also welcome anyone willing to help with any of the other positions as well, including translating, typesetting and timing. Please only contact us if you're serious about helping out though.

I hope that answers some of your questions. If you have any further questions, feel free to comment here or send me a message. Just don't send me any "when are you going to release" questions though, please. ^^;

• Would you please post descriptions for each of the positions somewhere? It would be nice if we knew what would be asked of us before committing ourselves.

• @Pokota:

Would you please post descriptions for each of the positions somewhere? It would be nice if we knew what would be asked of us before committing ourselves.

Sure! Good point.

Translator: Translate the Japanese audio into an English script. The translation should try to be as literal/true to the original Japanese as possible. The script doesn't have to read as perfect English, as long as the meaning of each line is clear for an editor.

Editor: Take the translated script and fix any typos. Also, make sure the script flows well in English. Try to keep the English translation as close to the original Japanese meaning without sacrificing the readability of the lines. Create notes to explain cultural aspects where necessary.

Timer: It sounds redundant, but time the script. This person sets when each line of the script will appear and disappear on the video.

Typesetter: This person styles the fonts. This includes adding color and borders to the lines. It may also include designing the karaoke, styling the appearance of notes, and making the English translation to look like the on screen Japanese text.

Encoder: Creates the various release candidates(RC). This person is responsible for taking the edited, timed, and typeset script and encoding it onto the video. This tends to require decent computer processing power. Knowledge of audio and video filters is important.

Quality-Checkers(QCers): These staff members watch each release candidate checking for video, audio, and script errors. These include, but aren't limited to; typos, rewording of lines, timing errors, broken pixels/frames, audio drops, background noise. This position does usually require watching each episode 2-4 times, depending on how many release candidates are encoded. Once the QC staff give the okay that the release candidate looks good, the episode is then released.

Anyone can feel free to expand on this.

• Is there a space for being the editor?i only can be that.

• The recent release of the special gives some hope  :)
    I repeat my previous offer to QC, in case the project really gets going.

• administrators

We may get a new timer/typesetter, and if everything goes well, our Gyu releases will become a bit faster (or should I say, less absurdly slow), starting from this spring (2017)!

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.