I want to translate it to my mother tongue.

• Well,... First, I think I'll ask them about both English and Vietnamese subs are shown. Because it's easier for me to sub, but I think they want to subs cleanly. Second, I think we should talk here, because IRC doesn't work on my computer.

• administrators

How about this (drawing a letter box)? If you switch off your subtitle, English sub is seen (you'll be simply reusing our old releases).

0_1493049712355_sub-off.jpg

If you switch on your subtitle, something like this will be shown (translation is just copy-paste, may be wrong!)

0_1493050243500_sub-on.jpg

You can easily do this, and this way, you can just edit a text file, without re-encoding the video. Working from a raw video may be more fun, but it's much more challenging (you need to do a lot of work). You can ask your friends and think for a while :)

• @Liisachan Can I ask what software you use to sub? Is it aegisub? Or other software?
    By the way, the translation is correct.

• administrators

Many of us use Aegisub, though personally I simply use a text editor. If you'd like to use Aegisub, that's good too. But you can simply use a text editor too (even Notepad would work fine). As a test, try the following 7 steps:

1. Download fnf-test.zip from http://honobono.cc/tmp/Fushichoo/ and unzip it. You'll get "Fushigiboshi no Futagohime - test.ass".
    2. Open Fushigiboshi no Futagohime (DVD) - 01v2 [h-b] (B5064A8B).avi and load the above test file. If you use MPC-HC, it's File | Load Subtitle.
    3. When subtitles are enabled, you'll see *This is Line1* for the first line, then **This is Line2** for the second line.
    4. Now, open the above test file with something (text editor). It's just a text file which looks like this:

Comment: 0,0:00:01.75,0:00:06.00,FineStyle,Fine,0000,0000,0000,,The Mysterious Star. It’s a peaceful star with seven countries inside.
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:01.75,0:00:06.00,FineStyle,Fine,0000,0000,0000,,*This is Line 1*

Comment: 0,0:00:06.00,0:00:08.67,ReinStyle,Rein,0000,0000,0000,,However, in the Sunny Kingdom, at the center of the star,
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:06.00,0:00:08.67,ReinStyle,Rein,0000,0000,0000,,**This is Line 2**

Comment: 0,0:00:08.67,0:00:10.71,ReinStyle,Rein,0000,0000,0000,,something strange has happened to the {\i1}Blessing of the Sun{\i0}{\fscx50} {\fscx100}.
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:08.67,0:00:10.71,ReinStyle,Rein,0000,0000,0000,,***And so on***

1. Now you have to translate "The Mysterious Star. It’s a peaceful star with seven countries inside." and replace "*This is Line1*" with your translation.
      When you do this, be careful NOT to delete the two commas (,,) after 0000.
      Similarly, translate the second line and replace "**This is Line2**" with that.
      Then, translate the third line and replace "***And so on***". ({\i1} means "italic", {\i0} means "not italic", but you can ignore them for now.)

2. When 3 lines are translated, save the file to test it. You can just overwrite the old file by [Ctrl]+[S] or something.

3. Reload the new subtitles you've just saved, on your player. You'll now see your translation instead of "*This is Line1*" etc.

Basically it's easy. You can translate more lines now. Also, you can change the font family, font size, etc. later. Currently, as a test, the "Cambria" font is used. We use the "Teen" font for English subtitles, but unfortunately, some Vietnamese letters are not supported by this font.

• I think the test is perfect!!! I love it!!! But I think it'll be better if we don't use the text box.
    By the way, I think I just need the link to download the "Teen" font to install it then it'll ok.
    P/s: My computer need to be repaired if I want to download. So I think I will show you the result later. Is that ok?

• administrators

@Fushichoo said in Project Status and Recruitment:

I think the test is perfect!!! I love it!!! But I think it'll be better if we don't use the text box.

You can easily change the style by editing a "Style:" line.
    Style: FineStyle,Cambria,30,&H00ffccff,&Hffffffff,&H10330077,&Haa222222,-1,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,3,1.5,1.5,2,20,20,15,0
    Change the 3 to 1, and the letter box is not drawn. But then, your subs and English subs will collide, so change the 15 to something bigger like 60, then your subs will go up. OR - you can change the position of your subs on a line-by-line basis, by changing the third "0000" of 0000,0000,0000 to something bigger (like 0060).

By the way, I think I just need the link to download the "Teen" font to install it then it'll ok.

Get teen_fonts.zip from the same link I posted before. This font family supports the letters ăâđêô but ơ and ư are missing and tone marks are not supported either. So maybe you should find a different, cute font that supports Vietnamese better. To change the font, edit "Cambria,30" - "30" is the font size. "Teen,28" is used for English subs.

P/s: My computer need to be repaired if I want to download. So I think I will show you the result later. Is that ok?

Sure. If you'd like to send me a file, you can just email me, though. And maybe I'll split this thread later, and make a new thread here, since your posts are not about "Project Status and Recruitment".

• Do you have raw?

• administrators

@Fushichoo For Season 2, you can use MKV files as raws, meaning you can easily softsub or hardsub as you wish.
    For Season 1, we do have VOBs but they're too big (80 GB) to transfer. If you need raws, you can buy DVDs. Anyway, it's not trivial to encode VOBs into AVI, MKV, or MP4. Besides, you'll have to re-time ASS to make it frame-accurate. It might be fun, but there will be a lot of work to do and you'll need a lot of free time. You'll have to learn many things before you can hardsub a raw properly.

• Do you hear about wannacry? I don't think I should download now.

• administrators

@Fushichoo I have [l33t-raws] FH s1 eps 1-51 (13 GiB), but timing is different, so with them you couldn't reuse the existing ASS files.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• I can sub the season 2 on my own now. You know what? At this time, I am very happy that I don't think it's real. At this rate, I will sub the season 1 soon. I just need to do a few thing and it will be okay. I will show you. What is your mail?

• administrators

Hi,

1. To download a file (including a ZIP file), right-click the link, then "Save As".

2. To unzip a .ZIP or .7Z file on Windows, you can try 7-zip.
      http://7-zip.org/

• Don't be afraid of ZIP files. Don't let Windows handle them; handle them yourself, with 7-zip. This will enable you to do a lot of new things.
    1. To get an ASS file (subtitle data) from MKV, you'll need MKVToolNix.
      https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

3.1) Start mkvinfo-gui.exe (coming with MKVToolNix), and open the MKV file in question (e.g. Gyu ep.1). I'll call it aaa.mkv.
    Find the "subtitles" track, and check its Track number. If it says "track ID for mkvmerge & mkvextract: 2", the track ID is "2". You'll use this number later.

3.2) Start cmd.exe by hitting [Win]+[R] and then type "cmd.exe", then hit [Enter].
    (If you're new to cmd.exe, first do some research and learn what "path" is and how to use "cd".)
    To get an ASS file from aaa.mkv, type this simple command (in cmd.exe) and hit [Enter]:

mkvextract tracks "aaa.mkv" 2:bbb.ass

• mkvextract is the path to mkvextract.exe (coming with MKVToolNix).
    • aaa.mkv is the path to the MKV file (input).
    • bbb.ass is the ASS file you're getting (output; a new file).
    • 2: is the track ID (see above).

3.3) When you are done, type "exit" then hit [Enter] to close cmd.exe.

(3) may feel confusing at first, but actually it's not that difficult.
    Once you learn how to do this, you can get an ASS file from an MKV file.
    You'll then re-translate that ASS file into your language, and then you can use mkvtoolnix-gui (coming with MKVToolNix) to make a new MKV file, which has the original video/audio + your new ASS file.
    In short, you can make a new MKV file on your own (which you can share with your friends), without downloading anything new (except the original MKV file itself).

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.