Suddenly My MPC stopped working - HELP!!

• Suddenly my MPC does not have sound and started complaining about codecs and such.  I cannot understand that one day everything works "all possible codes" were install on my machine long time ago, and the next day I get all my files avi mkv and such, but no sound.

I am one that will say, "if ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, which has served me well so far.  However, with this problem, I decided to remove my all MPC and ffshow and all other codecs I knew about, and then install everything from scratch.  Well, it did not work either.  I think that MS install something on my PC (those MS updates?), and it is preventing decoding the codecs

So I wonder if I can get some help here.  Any ideas? Thanks.

By the way, even VLC Lan player stooped playing any sound even though this player (as far as I know) does not require any codec install since it is all self-contained within the player.  I thought I should add this information too.

orestesdd

• Suddenly my MPC does not have sound and started complaining about codecs and such.  I cannot understand that one day everything works "all possible codes" were install on my machine long time ago, and the next day I get all my files avi mkv and such, but no sound.

I am one that will say, "if ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, which has served me well so far.  However, with this problem, I decided to remove my all MPC and ffshow and all other codecs I knew about, and then install everything from scratch.  Well, it did not work either.  I think that MS install something on my PC (those MS updates?), and it is preventing decoding the codecs

So I wonder if I can get some help here.  Any ideas? Thanks.

By the way, even VLC Lan player stooped playing any sound even though this player (as far as I know) does not require any codec install since it is all self-contained within the player.  I thought I should add this information too.

orestesdd

• administrators

if VLC gets the same problem it's not MPC's problem.
    There can be many possible reasons, including hw trouble, but recently it is reported that
    a similar trouble occurs when
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc]
    are messed up in the registry. If you have a backup, you can restore those keys.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=860592#post860592

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.