Star of Cottonland v2 released!

• Yay! First post on The Star of Cottonland topic! :D

A very cute movie and a must see. It's an older movie, but Chibi-neko is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! ^^

Upgrades from the first version release:

• Stereo audio
    • Hardsub parts and encoding were totally redone, with a larger pixel size (704x432). [Note: v1 was 640x376]
    • New languages
      Languages in v2: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch (Flemmish), French, French (Canadian), German, Italian, Kanji, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, and English

Download:
    You can download the movie from our bot on irc. (Bot listing found at: http://apt.beyonder.us/)
    or
    through BT here:
    http://a.scarywater.net/honobono/The_Star_of_Cottonland_(DVD)v2%5Bh-b%5D_10_languages.torrent

Enjoy! =^.^=

• Yay! First post on The Star of Cottonland topic! :D

A very cute movie and a must see. It's an older movie, but Chibi-neko is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! ^^

Upgrades from the first version release:

• Stereo audio
    • Hardsub parts and encoding were totally redone, with a larger pixel size (704x432). [Note: v1 was 640x376]
    • New languages
      Languages in v2: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch (Flemmish), French, French (Canadian), German, Italian, Kanji, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, and English

Download:
    You can download the movie from our bot on irc. (Bot listing found at: http://apt.beyonder.us/)
    or
    through BT here:
    http://a.scarywater.net/honobono/The_Star_of_Cottonland_(DVD)v2%5Bh-b%5D_10_languages.torrent

Enjoy! =^.^=

• Can  i download it by emule~~??Because ,i use emule more than bt~~~

• @yuko:

Can  i download it by emule~~??Because ,i use emule more than bt~~~

Yes, sure there is.
    ed2k://|file|The.Star.of.Cottonland.(DVD).v2.[h-b].10.languages.[5552215A].mkv|731997459|77af61d05453c2805eb8205fb9578769|h=NHDVJKMJCWHWRIP432QRLVNFYLQZTZZJ|/

From VeryCD.com:
    http://lib.verycd.com/2007/01/21/0000136497.html

• Hello
    I watched your release and fell in love with this movie, so I made a romanian translation based on your english subs. Could it be posiible to send my subtitle for you to add it as the 11th language? Or would you give me permission to add it myself and make a torrent with no other modifications than the added subtitle? This torrent would be placed only on a open access romanian anime community tracker.
    Thank you.

• administrators

@intellect
    Sorry, it took so long to reply and thanks for your interest in this old, overlooked but great anime
    (The original manga is even more impressive.)

If you are interested in translating, you're welcome to join us.
    Do you use IRC? Such as mIRC?
    http://www.mirc.co.uk/translations/romanian.html

If yes, you can join #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com and just talk to an OP.
    Alternatively, you are also free to re-use the script independently by yourself.
    The script is attached to the MKV file, and is an "open" fansub,
    or oepn-source fansub, so to speak.
    That is, the script is freely available and you can reuse it freely for making another free, open fansub.

That said, it would be great if you could join us :)
    How about visiting our channel for once anyway?

• How about visiting our channel for once anyway?

Well, been there… for a minute or so.  :P I'm not exactly familiar with IRC and its "how & what (not) to do" rules, and i didn't really knew what to do next. I'll come back in the week-end.

Yes, I'm interested in translating, but I don't understand one thing. What need would you have for a romanian who barely writes in english and doesn't know more than 20 japanese words? Romanian isn't exactly a global spread language and I don't believe that it would interest you very much for fansubbing. Heck, even many romanians don't, i've seen a lot of comments like "Who needs romanian fansubs? Those who don't know English should learn it if they want to watch anime".

As for the Star of Cottonland, since no one answered me for a week and couldn't find anywhere a raw file, I applied the principle "if the law does not clearly forbids something, then allows it". I used the outdated seven languages version, from which I kept only the video file, english and romanian subs. I've almost entirely redone the ssa styles, in the romanian version they now have a different font and character-specific colours. All the credits included originally in the files (translator name, the honobono irc address and group name) are still there. I hosted the torrent only on our group's tracker, you can find it here. Obviously, if you're interested in the romanian script, I will send it to you.

• Hi intellect!

Well, been there… for a minute or so.  :P I'm not exactly familiar with IRC and its "how & what (not) to do" rules, and i didn't really knew what to do next. I'll come back in the week-end.

We are a helpful bunch usually, so just ask if you got any questions.  :) The important thing is to stay in the channel, because people aren't always in front of their computers and can answer immediately.

Yes, I'm interested in translating, but I don't understand one thing. What need would you have for a romanian who barely writes in english and doesn't know more than 20 japanese words? Romanian isn't exactly a global spread language and I don't believe that it would interest you very much for fansubbing. Heck, even many romanians don't, i've seen a lot of comments like "Who needs romanian fansubs? Those who don't know English should learn it if they want to watch anime".

I wouldn't exactly describe it as "barely" writing in English. From what I see, there are a lot of people who have less skills.
    And for Romanian, we are interested in "obscure" (just kidding  :)) languages. We even included Tatar in one of our multi-language fansubs! And… um... well, just see what languages we included with Those Who Hunt Elves 2...

As for the Star of Cottonland, since no one answered me for a week and couldn't find anywhere a raw file, I applied the principle "if the law does not clearly forbids something, then allows it". I used the outdated seven languages version, from which I kept only the video file, english and romanian subs. I've almost entirely redone the ssa styles, in the romanian version they now have a different font and character-specific colours. All the credits included originally in the files (translator name, the honobono irc address and group name) are still there. I hosted the torrent only on our group's tracker, you can find it here. Obviously, if you're interested in the romanian script, I will send it to you.

As Shia-chan already said, we released The Star of Cottonland as "open" fansub, so it's perfectly okay with us. And of course we would like to get the Romanian script too.
    For example, we had no German script for the first release of The Star of Cottonland. But we were lucky. A German fansub team took our release and wrote a German script.
    We asked them for the script to be included with our version 2. And they agreed, so we just did that. We may release an update to The Star of Cottonland v2, or maybe just a script update, or wait for more languages to come. I don't know yet. But it's to nice that this obscure little gem has fans all over the world. :)

We would like to have a Romanian translator in the group, for current and future multi-sub projects. That doesn't mean that you would have to give up on your other group or spend every day with us.
    It's more like working with us together on a project basis, so we can include Romanian directly next time!  :)

So please join our channel and poke me or Balthazaar or Coolgurl or just say something in the channel. We may not respond immediately, because even we have a life, but please bear with us.  :)

CU, busante.

• Does anyone have a DDL (direct download) option for this little anime? I wanna see it if you please. It interests me.

• administrators

@Firechick:

Does anyone have a DDL (direct download) option for this little anime? I wanna see it if you please. It interests me.

http://honobono.cc/tmp/Firechick/

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.