Hime-chan Status Update

• We apologize for the long delay of Hime-chan releases. However there was a good reason for it.

Back in July we received an email from a company that was hoping to break out into the North American anime industry and wished to purchase the license for Hime-chan's Ribbon. Therefore, we ceased production of the subs since the company said they were in the process of acquiring the license. Months passed and we waited to hear more about the state of the licensing, but never received any further notification. After months of waiting for a response, the project fell behind. Now most of our staff is currently busy with their personal lives as evident from our current lack of releases. We hope to pick up the tempo soon but as of this time Hime-chan will remain on hiatus until we either:
    a) get more translators
    b) finish one of our other existing projects

Sorry :(

• We apologize for the long delay of Hime-chan releases. However there was a good reason for it.

Back in July we received an email from a company that was hoping to break out into the North American anime industry and wished to purchase the license for Hime-chan's Ribbon. Therefore, we ceased production of the subs since the company said they were in the process of acquiring the license. Months passed and we waited to hear more about the state of the licensing, but never received any further notification. After months of waiting for a response, the project fell behind. Now most of our staff is currently busy with their personal lives as evident from our current lack of releases. We hope to pick up the tempo soon but as of this time Hime-chan will remain on hiatus until we either:
    a) get more translators
    b) finish one of our other existing projects

Sorry :(

• Hi!

I am just wondering about the status of Hime-chan's Ribbon. I understand that the licence for the USA/English release never happened, and you guys are just waiting for someone to finish a project so they can start to finish Hime-chan. I just want to say that I have enjoyed your releases so far and I really really really hope you guys release more. I am behind you 100%! You are guys are awesome!

Please don't give up on Hime-chan!  :)

• It's too bad about Hime-chan, but I really hope you'll pick it back up again when you're done another project (maybe Marybell?) This is one of my three fav anime of all time, and me and my husband were really looking forward to being able to replace our old VHS fansubs with DVDs that we won't have to worry about wearing out or getting damaged.

Good look on your other (awesome looking) projects, and I hope you'll pick up Hime-chan again soon!!

Still, I can't believe anyone was thinking of licensing this show. That would have been pretty amazing.

• I am also looking forward to when you are able to pick it up again.  I started watching the original fansubs back in 1999 or 2000, and really loved the show, even though I was only able to see the first few episodes.  I was so excited two years ago to see that Honobono had decided to redo it, since I haven't been able to find the rest of the subs since then.  I hope that you'll find time to do it again once you've finished one of your other projects!

• Wow, I'm curious as to what company would be crazy enough to license Hime-chan, especially a start up company. As much as I would love for it to happen, I just don't see it becoming a reality (nor do I think it'd be easy to draw new fans aside from those who already love it) - then again I never thought Yawara would be licensed so I can dream.

• Well, I don't believe in the licensing anymore.
    So we would pick it up again, but lacking staff to do so right now.
    First need to finish Mary Bell, and then we will see what's up with Goldfish Warning…

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.