Hime-chan Project: Still Active?

• I hate to write a generic "when's the next episode" coming out post… but it's been so long now since the last release of a Hime-chan episode (while other Honobono shows have had a good release schedule), I'm just wondering if the project is abandoned, or if there's a problem with it. If anyone here needs the DVD raws, I could provide them (I bought the complete R2 DVD set of Hime-chan from Japan).

Hope you stay with this project... it's a show worthy of continuing!
    Ike, ike, go, go... sub! :)

• I hate to write a generic "when's the next episode" coming out post… but it's been so long now since the last release of a Hime-chan episode (while other Honobono shows have had a good release schedule), I'm just wondering if the project is abandoned, or if there's a problem with it. If anyone here needs the DVD raws, I could provide them (I bought the complete R2 DVD set of Hime-chan from Japan).

Hope you stay with this project... it's a show worthy of continuing!
    Ike, ike, go, go... sub! :)

• We haven't dropped the project, it's just been stalled for the time being. We do plan to pick it up again, hopefully soon. It's just that a lot of our staff has been quite busy with school and work as of late . I can't say with certainty when we'll begin working on it again, but I can tell you that we do plan to continue. So just keep an eye out. :)

• administrators

Hi,
    We were notified by a certain (not very-well-known) company that they were going to release Hime-chan, licensed, in the N. America,
    when obviously we had to stop fansubbing.

But a long time has passed since then, and unfortunately or fortunately, their plan didn't work (seems that way).
    We on the other hand, recently finished the last episode of Mary Bell. So… maybe, in the near future... hopefully :)

• Yes… I think it's probably safe to say now at this point, and it won't get released in the US. Things have really changed. The bottom has kind of fallen out of the anime market in the US (to where even large companies like Geneon have abandoned all their titles), so I highly doubt now that it's going to get released, even if it was a possibility a while back. I think if you were to start releasing Hime-chan again it'd be fine. If you were to get a new letter still asking you to stop (with plans still of releasing it officially), then of course abandon it. But I think the situation has changed in the anime world, and I highly doubt what might have been planned once a while back is still in the cards. Well, as you said, now that Mary Bell is done, what can be used to keep Honobono team off the streets and out of trouble? Well, Hime-chan, of course!  :)
    When the time can be found, hope to see honobono continuing with Hime-chan...

• administrators

From the front page (http://honobono.cc) :D

January 13, 2009 — Hime-chan’s Ribbon: About Time Too!

We plan to resume Hime-chan’s Ribbon (HCR; Original Title=Hime-chan no Ribon) by February 2009. Actually it was not “stalled” at all. About when we were doing HCR18, we were contacted by a certain company who said they had a plan to release R1,
    which of course meant we had to stop fansubbing the show.
    But apparently, it's not going to be licensed after all. So stay tuned!

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.