Futago Hime Releases

• Um.. Hey! I have just started being a member and… My brother and I really enjoy your subs that have been done! ;D But I have a slight question. It might be stupid. Why are the chinese subbers able to sub so quickly? There are all the episodes of the first season and most probably the second season.(I have not checked.) Sorry if it might be such a silly question. Oh and I would like to tell you that many users at crunchyroll.com really love what you have done and all the effort you have put in. So we really hope that we could encourage you to continue on... You rock! :D :D :D ::)

• Um.. Hey! I have just started being a member and… My brother and I really enjoy your subs that have been done! ;D But I have a slight question. It might be stupid. Why are the chinese subbers able to sub so quickly? There are all the episodes of the first season and most probably the second season.(I have not checked.) Sorry if it might be such a silly question. Oh and I would like to tell you that many users at crunchyroll.com really love what you have done and all the effort you have put in. So we really hope that we could encourage you to continue on... You rock! :D :D :D ::)

• It's possible that the chinese staff has more free time or even a larger staff. Our group is relatively small and everyone has their own lives to deal with. Stuff in real life takes priority. I can't really say if that's what it is for sure, but that's my guess. Also, I believe the chinese group started when the show was originally aired. We just semi-recently picked the show up.

We're glad you guys enjoy our releases. :)
    I hope you continue to enjoy them as they get released. :D

• Hey, thanks for replying so soon! Thanks for your answer. I hope that maybe your subs can go on at this speed. I really look forward to the rest of the episodes. ;D ;D I hope all shall go smoothly. :D :D

• administrators

hi, cheche0501
    we're not very fast in general. I mean, between "fast and bad" and "slow and good" we take "slow and good".
    I'm not saying that chinese subers are bad (I don't even know them so I can't tell), I just mean we have strict QC (quality-check, quality-control) process. Translation itself takes only a few days, and usually the script is edited within a week, and is encoded in one day. But then, we will check the encoded video very carefully and if there is a problem, like typos, video will be re-encoded, again and again until everything seems really ok.
    In a way we may be a bit too picky, but I think it's disrespectful if we translat the show wrongly or into bad English, because we're serious fans, loving and respecting the original work… Not that we're perfect, but we're trying to be.

We were especially slow in this summer, because more than one members experienced a hard time in their real life, and they couldn't spend any time for fansubbing. But that is no more true, so don't worry; we are sorry for the delay, please understand that life can be very rough for anyone, for you or for me, sometimes.

Additionally, there is this one good thing for Chinese translators: iirc, the official Cantonese version is out there. I think translating a dialect of Chinese to anotehr dialect of Chinese is much easier than Japaense to Engllish. I hope you enjoy many things, many anime (like, for example, Pita ten) or non-anime, because if FH was the only thing you were waiting for, you'd be frustrated, because we're not THAT fast. I don't think that is the case tho :)

• Thank you for answering to my post. I fully understand.. So thanks so much for having the time to reply!!!! Knowing that, I am so happy to see such great subs. Keep up with all the great work and good luck with all the subbings!  ;D :D :) :) ;D :D

• I really want to thank HonoBono for all that they have done, especially for Fushigi Boshi No Futago Hime. I just wanted to ask you, If you still go "Slow But Good", does that mean your going to sub past 33? because you are the only ones i want to download from. and because its old, they don't have it on websites like; Crunchyroll; Youtube; Etc. any moree. (T^T) && thts a bummer. I dont even mind waiting for 2 years, and seriously i dont. but i really want to finish the first season so i can go to the next. I dont like watching the second season before the first but i really want to know what happens to Fine & Shade, && Rein & Bright.

Please reply~ (T^T)

• @Love:

I just wanted to ask you, If you still go "Slow But Good", does that mean your going to sub past 33?

Yes we plan to finish all of season one. As long as any unforeseen circumstances don't prevent us from finishing. Episodes 34-39 are currently in the process of being worked on, though they are all at different stages. So, yes we plan to sub past episode 33. ^^

It just might be a while before we completely finish the first season of this series.

I hope that answers your question, Love; Shadee :)

• Waa~ Thank You~~~ (T^T) Im soo happy; I think i might cry… (_ _ )o Wow; Then ill wait as long as it takes. (^_^)v

Oh && may i ask; Do you plan on subbing - Gyu! ?

I wanted to ask because; I kinda love your subbs for Fushigi Boshi No Futago Hime the best... Ehehee, (^_^;)

• Heh. I'm glad that news made you happy.  :D

@Love:

Oh && may i ask; Do you plan on subbing - Gyu! ?

As of right now, we don't have plans to sub Gyu. It hasn't really been a topic of discussion among the staff as we're not done with season 1 yet. Whether or not we do Gyu will depend a lot on how busy the staff is when we finish this season. As the completion of season 1 is at least a year off given how fast we release episodes, it's hard to tell whether any of us will have time or want to start another long series. So the final decision about Gyu probably won't be made until we are closer to finishing the first season. That's about all I can tell you at this point about Gyu. :)

I hope that answers your question. ^^

• The wait is more than worth it.  This series rocks and your subs are some of the best I've seen.

Can you give us an idea where the episodes are in the pipeline?

• @al1701:

The wait is more than worth it.  This series rocks and your subs are some of the best I've seen.

Thanks! It's nice to know that our hard work is paying off. And I'm glad to hear that you guys/girls appreciate our efforts and aren't upset about how fast we release episodes.  :)

@al1701:

Can you give us an idea where the episodes are in the pipeline?

This information can actually be found on our main website http://honobono.cc on the left side of the site. It's slightly inaccurate right now as I believe the person who keeps it updated has been busy in real life.

Basically, episodes 34 and 35 are both at the RC(Release Candidate) stage. This means that they're being quality checked and should hopefully be ready for release within the next few days or about a week as long as the staff members aren't too busy. [this can vary for a lot of reasons, but usually this stage is delayed because either the QCers or encoder become busy in their personal lives.] Episode 36 is waiting to be timed and typeset, while episodes 37 and 38 are in the early editing stage.

Don't quote me on the times mentioned since they can and will vary quite often. ^^; But that's basically where the next few episodes stand in the line-up.

• I usually like to wait for things to be done well then to get a poor quality rush job.

I'm not sure if you want to tackle Gyu!  Not only is it long, but it was painful (at least for me and some others I know) to watch.

• @al1701:

I'm not sure if you want to tackle Gyu!  Not only is it long, but it was painful (at least for me and some others I know) to watch.

Well, like I mentioned earlier, we haven't really discussed Gyu!. If we decide to do it, it will be to let people who understand English but not Japanese see it if they wish, and because the staff wants to. I remember hearing that it wasn't as good as season 1 and it's quite a bit different, but everyone has their own opinion. ^^ So we'll see.

• Gyu is… more of a Magical Girl Fights Evil show (like Sailor Moon) than a Magical Girl Solves Problems show (like Floral Magician Mary Bell) from what I've seen.

• More like an attempt to make a combination of the two, actually.

• A mixture of both sound good (^_^)

• Trust me.  It wasn't.

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.