FushiFuta format?

• Hi! Is this series produced and presented, originally, in the 4:3 picture format? I remember Fushigiboshi-Subs with their couple of eps - I think they had a wide-screen presentation… It's quite a new series, and as 4:3 format is not so common with recent anime series, I'm a bit puzzled.
    Best of wishes
    Marybellfan1

• Hi! Is this series produced and presented, originally, in the 4:3 picture format? I remember Fushigiboshi-Subs with their couple of eps - I think they had a wide-screen presentation… It's quite a new series, and as 4:3 format is not so common with recent anime series, I'm a bit puzzled.
    Best of wishes
    Marybellfan1

• administrators

@Marybellfan1:

Hi! Is this series produced and presented, originally, in the 4:3 picture format? I remember Fushigiboshi-Subs with their couple of eps - I think they had a wide-screen presentation… It's quite a new series, and as 4:3 format is not so common with recent anime series, I'm a bit puzzled.
    Best of wishes
    Marybellfan1

Hi, Marybellfan1, welcome to the forums.

The DVD format of FH is the traditional one. That is 720x480 data which is supposed to be shown as 640x480. So yes, it's 4:3.
    A quick way to check if the aspect ratio is ok is to look at something in the movie that is supposed to be a circle, for example, this thing in the very first frame:

The width and the height are identical. 311 pixels in this sample.
    As you can easily guess, if the video was anamorphic and encoded non-anamorphically by mistake, a circle would look like squeezed, unlike the above one.
    Hope this will help.

Looks like your connection to #honobono @ irc.aniverse.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.